Happy Christmas everyone! How are you all feeling? I am still so full I can’t quite imagine ever being able to eat again! Thankfully I am going to do some yoga with a friend later and then we are going to dance it all off in a club in Bournemouth.
I can’t believe this is my last post of 2011! It’s been a funny old year, not the best but I have definitely learnt a lot, had some brilliant moments, made some big changes and have loved starting this journey. Around this time of year I like to reflect on what went well, what I have learnt, what I am going to start, continue and stop doing. In the spirit of being honest I am going to share this with you……
What went well
- Going on my own to India, although I wasn’t alone for long! I made some fantastic friends there. The ashram was an amazing experience and what I learnt there I have carried with me and built on throughout the year.
- I have deepened my yoga practice; I am more flexible, I have released painful past emotions and I have opened my heart.
- I have left a company I was working with for over 11 years.
- I have started this blog and redesigned my other blog theconfidencecoachreport
- I have left London after 13 years to live by the sea.
- I have discovered the fun of Zumba!!
- I had a brilliant holiday in Ibiza with great friends, and had fun 24/7.
- The digital detox trip I am about to run in St Vincent and The Grenadines, I can’t wait to be in such a beautiful remote setting helping people to switch off and relax.
- I’ve created the time and money to be able to fulfil my dream of travelling around India for a few months in 2012.
- My friends and family being so unbelievably supportive, I am so lucky and grateful.
What I have learnt
- To be with uncertainty. We grow in uncertainty, this is where we discover resources within us we never knew existed, and life would be very boring if everything stayed the same.
- Life is constantly evolving, nothing does actually stay the same.
- Change is good and never as hard as you expect. If you have been thinking about something for too long, just do it.
- Regular yoga is good for you, body, mind and soul.
- Stay away from anyone who is clearly still in love with their ex!!!!!
- I finally took my Neuro Linguistic Programming Practioner course and I loved it.
- Coffee totally agitates the mind, I sleep better and have more peace of mind when I don’t drink it.
- There is no where to get to, nothing is good or bad it just is. Just be. Let go of trying to control things.
- Yoga isn’t just about the postures, it’s a way of life.
What I am going to start
- In 2012 I will start making this blog into a book.
- An adventure around India
- A life in Brighton.
- Once I have moved to Brighton I will start coaching people on, or over looking, the beach. I think it’s the perfect place to get things into perspective and have clarity to think.
- Integrating NLP and training into my business.
- Run a digital detox weekend retreat on the South Coast.
What I am going to continue
- Yoga, of course!
- Reading inspirational books
- Being loving and kind
- Having fun
- My blogs
- My business
- Doing things differently
- Following my heart
- Regularly having switched off time from my laptop/phone
What I am going to stop
- Putting time and energy into relationships in which I don’t get the same in return
- Resisting Christianity; I am just going to continue to open my mind and discover it in my own way.
- Eating chocolate every day
- Highlighting my hair……I am going back to being ginger, yay!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!